Adverts

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Should Nintendo Develop for smartphones???

Nintendo have always been very kosher (if you will) about publishing for consoles other than their own.... I mean you can kinda understand it, for example: before Sega killed off their console range, and moved to producing software for anything they could get. So companys would only do that unless they don't have a console or are just software producers. So now, Masamitsu Ohki (Some fund raiser for a Tokyo Based, Stats Development Co.) has said:

"Smartphones are the new battlefield for the gaming industry. Nintendo should try to either buy its way into this platform or develop something totally new."

Okay I must say I would prefer to see a NINTENDO smartphone rather than seeing Nintendo developing FOR a smartphone. I mean really! You don't see Sony developing games for Xbox do you? (And yes I was going to say you don't see Microsoft developing for Sony, but then I remembered that they are also a huge computer company, so y'know...)

Iwata has stated in the past that Nintendo have no intention to produce for smartphones. Personally I think that they shouldn't produce for smartphones, but make a gaming smartphone! Why not? Because lets face it, the iPhone/iTouch market is a huge, cheap, and overall a very interesting market for gaming companys. However I am not in Nintendo, I merely write for a fansite. But we can only wait and see what will happen in the future!

/Thom Isaacs

No comments:

Post a Comment